Every seed is unique
The dragon fruit plant hybrid easily and thousands of new
plants are created every year. The seed can be send by mail
and sprouts easily. Some people start plants from seeds
to save money. More important, plant breeders used hybrid
and seeds to improve the yield and the taste of the fruit.
These plants are started by Edgar Valdivia in 2009.
A plant started from seeds will take a year longer to bear fruit
compared to a plant started from a strong piece of vine.
Grow from seeds
The goal of hybrid plants:
1. Higher sugar content.
2. Self pollinating flowers to always bear a fruit.
3. Better color of the fruit.
4. Attractive non-white flower color.
5. Attractive smell of juice.
6. Early fruit or late season fruits.
Return to Long live dragon fruit/ Viva pitaya